As an artist, you know that one of the most difficult things can be making a living from your art.
One option that’s becoming increasingly popular for artists is to start a Patreon account. Patreon is a crowdfunding platform that allows fans and supporters to pledge money to your art on a monthly basis. In exchange, you offer them exclusive content, behind-the-scenes access, or whatever else you think they might be interested in.
Let’s see together how to start a Patreon account and how to how to plan your content to find new subscribers!
1. Setting up your account
Setting up a Patreon account is easy and only takes a few minutes, it works as any other platforms:
- – First, you’ll need to create a Patreon account. You can do this by going to the Patreon website and clicking on the “Sign Up” button.
- – Once you’re on the sign-up page, you’ll need to enter your email address and create a password.
- – After you’ve entered your information, click on the “Create Your Account” button.
- – Once you’re logged in, you’ll be taken to your account dashboard. Here, you can start creating your first campaign.
2. How to set your goals
First of all, t’s important to set a clear goal.
How much money do you need to raise each month? What will you use the money for? Having a clear goal will help you stay focused and motivated, and it will also make it easier for potential supporters to understand what they’re donating to.
If you’re not sure how much money you need to raise, start by brainstorming all of the expenses associated with your creative project.
Once you have a good idea of the costs, set a monthly fundraising goal that will cover those expenses. It’s also important to think about what you’ll use the money for.
– Will you use it to cover the costs of materials and supplies?
– Will you use it to pay yourself for your time and effort?
– Will you use it to hire help?
Having a clear idea of how you’ll use the funds will make it easier for potential supporters to understand what they’re donating to. Once you have a goal in mind, it’s time to start setting up your Patreon account. Be sure to include information about your goal in your account description so that potential supporters know what they’re contributing to. And be sure to thank them for their support!